Keyshot 7 has been released.
* No price-drop, but… “Education licenses of KeyShot 7 will now have all features of KeyShot Pro.”
* New modules titled KeyShot Studios and KeyShot Configurator — enabling easy setup and output of multi-option models (both materials and model states), for your client to then choose their options on a simple touch-screen. They touch the green paint tab on the screen, the 3D car turns green. You get to choose the “interface layout options” for the touch-screen. (Sounds interesting, making Keyshot a sort of simple multimedia authoring tool for touchscreen kiosks).
* VR Headset support, plus Walkthrough Mode for your scenes, with collision detection. (Again, sounds fascinating).
* Yet “more materials and texture types”, including new cloudy plastics and “10 scientifically accurate metal presets”.
* A boost to the Toon Material. “More control over contours and the ability to change shadow color and texture or change the visibility of shadows produced by light materials.” (No mention of adaptive line-inking weights, though, for a more hand-drawn look such as SketchUp can offer).
* Users can now “apply multiple [lighting] environments to a scene” in real-time.
* Can “quickly and easily toggle occlusion ground shadows on or off” and “complete control over the ground material reflection contrast”.
* Customisable ‘tear-off’ UI. “Customize tab appearance and location or dock, undock and stack windows any way you like.” Hide bits you don’t use.
* Custom Hotkeys.
* 4k monitor support.
* They’re “ending support of Windows 32-bit systems and installations” with Keyshot 7. It’s to be 64-bit only.
Carrara 8 is DAZ Studio's official 'big sister' software.
Carrara loads all DAZ and Poser characters and scenes,
and supports LuxRender for top-quality realistic rendering.