Just in today, iClone 8 New Features Introduction. Some of the highlights…
* extended animated .FBX support (“Drag and drop! Any FBX motion data format is compatible, which largely removes platform barriers for motion data and makes it all compatible”);
* many improvements to animation editing and figure controls;
* a new look for the figure Control Rig;
* Hotkey Manager and Collection Manager (“freely categorize objects in the Scene Manager”);
* simulated volumetric lighting in real-time (by adding “visible volume to directional, spot and point lights”);
* mirrors (“simulate realistic mirror reflection, with various control settings like opacity and blur”);
* NVIDIA Omniverse connection (requires RTX graphics card);
* performance optimization (such as “hidden objects will not be processed in the background” for large scenes).
iClone 8 is not out yet. The official take from the Forum is… ”
“iClone 8 … not scheduled for release until at least Spring 2023”
Since the downloads of purchased versions are limited to the last three versions, now might be a good time to go get and archive the installers for iClone 5 — just in case you ever need it for backwards compatability.